Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nostalgia

I really wish I'd remember my cable that lets me download pics so that you can see some updates. My babygirl is better at posting pics than I've been. One of these days I'll remember to bring it down.
We held an open house on our home yesterday, and because of bad weather, bad traffic, and probably a bad economy, nobody showed up. Bleah. I cleaned all morning, too. The realtor said that she wished her home was as clean as ours.

Today, as I was leaving to go back to NC, I felt like walking through the living room to look out at the Bay. As I walked through, I felt a wave of nostalgia. I could almost see my family all over the living room, eating (lots of ) cookies, playing charades, chess, and Monopoly, decorating the tree, opening presents, blowing out candles, eating pizza/pot roast/chicken wraps/spaghetti/chili/grilled cheese sandwiches, watching movies, playing Scary Game, doing homework, and me, waiting until the wee hours on the sofa, phone in hand, until they came home.

I forgot how hard it is to move. On the other hand, I was reminded of how blessed I've been, and really, still am.

No comments: